Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How long does it take to wear out swim goggles?

1 year, 4 months, 6 days....just in case anyone ever asks.

The strap on my swim goggles broke today and they were the original pair I bought at Canadian Tire when I first started my swim training last January. It's a bit sad actually. I trained for and completed my first tri wearing those goggles, so I don't think it's too crazy to have a sentimental attachment...right?

Since I started I have swam over 114,400 Meters or 114.4 km wearing those goggles and have seen a real improvement in my overall performance. Replacing them won't be easy, but not for the reason you might think. You see I have a BIG head, so finding a pair that fit well is tough. For me it's like trying to put a thong on a bowling ball!

The search begins...

No comments: