Wednesday, March 14, 2007

UPDATE: Puppy Power, Canoes Rented and the Numbers

Last night was our first with Jack and it went rather well. He is the cutest little guy and has been quick to make himself at home. Much to our surprise he has not had any accidents...yet and has been eager to go outside to relivev himself. We were prepared for a nightmare on this front, so it is fantastic that he is already has an idea of where he should be going. We are crating him at night at although he whined and barked a bit, just like the house training, he was much better then expected in the create as well. It is hard to tell who is more enamoured by him, the kids or the adults, but I would have to say the kids at this point because they are just so happy to finally have a dog. I will post pics and video form ASAP. Until then you will just have to trust me...he is so damn cute!

I made the final arrangements for our canoe rentals with Algonquin Outfitters today.

CC 2007: For CC 2007 we will be using the same 16 foot Expedition Grade Kevlar canoe that Gerry and I used last year. It weights in at a very slender 52 pounds. We will be picking it up in Brent and then continue on to completed the CC 2007 Route. This trip will be awesome and I catch myself grinning every time I imagine the two of us paddling up to our dream site on Robinson Lake. Dude can you see it!

Rock Lake Solo: For my solo trip I have rented a 15 foot 42 lb solo canoe. This will be my first experience with the removable yoke that is used in all solo canoes. The yoke, so I discovered, has to be removable because unlike a tandom canoe, you are seated in the middle. I have arranged to pick up my canoe at the Algonquin Outfitters base (located just outside the west gate) at Oxtounge Lake at 8 am. They will strap the canoe to my car ( for $5.00...good deal?) and after a quick stop at the west gate permit office ( it opens at 8 am) I will be at Rock lake put in for no later then 9:00 am. The folks at A.O were very helpful in answering all my questions and let me know that it is just a beaufiful 40 minute drive to Rock Lake from Oxtounge Lake.

Lastly, I just wanted to post some important numbers in case I can't (...when I can't) find them later.

Friends of Algonquin Park ( Park Info) - (705) 633-5572
Algonquin Outfitters Oxtongue Lake (705) 635-2243

2 comments:

twugster said...

You had a good first night, congrats,.. that speaks highly of the breeder you chose.

A house where everything has it's place?!!! I wouldn't recognize a home like that,.. but then again I've got an 11mth old & a 4 1/2 year old - Talk about MAHEM!!!!! ahahhaha But you know I wouldn't change it for the world. Once they've gone off to college or wherever I'll be longing for the days of chaos, sticky hugs, mushy kisses, mess & toys - oh yeah and that begging to stay just 10 minutes longer to snuggle in bed at night - *SIGH* Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Gotta love children and the new life they breathe into this world - so innocent , so loving.

Okay I'll stop now - As this isn't MY BLOG ahahhahah!!! Now,.. to update MINE! LMAO!

Jim said...

It may have more to do with luck, but I like to think the time we spent interviewing breeders was a factor in our Jack being so well adjusted.

He is a smart little fella. He has not had a single accident and is already sitting on command. I am no expert, but this seems far ahead of where we would expect him to be.