Monday, April 21, 2008

UFC 83 Road Trip Recap

What an awesome time! The Bell center was electric and we couldn't have asked for a better showing by GSP. I had hoped to complete my write up of the trip today, but as usual, all the stuff I get paid to do at work kept getting in the way.

For now here are some of the things I learned about my buds...

  • Singing can be fun...unless it's Bill doing his drunken, sing along version of Hotel California in a cab at 4:30 in the morning. As awful as it was for the cabbie, it was hilarious.
  • Not to be outdone, on the drive home Ted took it upon himself to serenade us with his cover of Iron Maiden's, "Run too the Hills". It sounded like someone was choking a pubescent Peter Brady.
  • We all got to learn what Ted's thoughts on what constitutes a gay or non-gay act. I'm not about to get into detail here, but let's just say he was OK with pitching...not so much with the catching. More then a little disturbing considering I had to share a bed with him.
  • Andrew made a new "friend" at Wandas
  • I had the best sandwich EVER at Reubens
  • Had our post bar meal at Moe's, a local landmark....of sorts. It's a little whole in the wall diner located next to the old Montreal Forum. Eggs and sausage at 4 am never tasted so good.
  • Jager bombs were the bomb!
  • Rob is an Ottawa Senators fan....enough said?
  • I forgot to buy a t-shirt at the fight
  • Brent is one funny SOB and a great guy to boot!
  • Bobby was good enough to "show us the sites" of Montreal and was another great guy I met while in town
  • Back at the hotel, at around 4:30 am this twenty something kid knocks on the door and asks if he can come hang out with us 'cause his buddy is passed out...SLAM! Good call Billy!
  • P.S - The fight was good too!
The next trip is already in the works for Bills Birthday in October....VEGAS BABY! More on that later...

No comments: