Friday, April 21, 2006

I was born 35 years ago today...

Yes today I turn 35 years old and to celebrate I bought myself a couple of gifts for the trip with my birthday money…yes I said birthday money, but let me explain.
Ever since I was a kid I was given money on my birthday and despite the fact that I am married, have 3 kids, a home and both of us are gainfully employed…my parents and my parents-in-law give me money every year.

I actually look forward to it…why? Well it is easy to deny yourself something with your money when you could be paying a bill, contributing to RRSP’s or buying something the kids need, but you can’t do that with birthday money. That money has to be spent on me. It would be contrary to the the birthday gifting process to do otherwise and I am not about to screw up the system for everyone...Well that, I just like getting new stuff…

Enough of the explanations and on to the gifts:



Sports/Hiking watch, , Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer, Alarm Chronograph, Compass, Stopwatch, Daily alarm, 1/100 stopwatch, Hourly time signal, 12/24 hr formats, Countdown timer, , Full auto electric luminescent backlight, Low temperature resistant, Large capacity solar power, , Brushed stainless steel bezel with light gray selector buttons, Stainless steel caseback, No battery replacement required, 50 meters/165 feet water resistant


The visually arresting, warp-speed expression of Chameleon versatility and adaptability stripped to the bone for lightness. Peripheral fingers with protective sub-surface bumpers function as hitching posts for stretchy, NetGain lacing system that molds the combination mesh/stretch upper to the foot like a second skin. In-Board molded EVA midsole cushions and supports, while exclusive Vibram Octogrip Sole provides multi-directional traction. Slip-Lasted Construction Nubuck Leather/Breathable Mesh Upper Breathable Mesh Lining Lycra/Neoprene 4-way Stretch Collar Adjustable Elastic Cord Lacing System Friction Cordlock 4.5mm Anatomical Footbed Nylon 6.6 Injection Molded Arch Shank In-board Compression Molded EVA Footframe Air Cushion Midsole Vibram Octogrip Sole/Trek Rubber



I have wanted both for some time, but could never justify spending the money. Birthday money is made for selfindugence, so this makes it almost guilt free. The watch I got off of eBay and it was a good deal at $106 and has all the bells and whistles I wanted.
The hiking shoes like the watch, were not a need, but are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned and will but put to good use. I love these shoes and although I am not a “shoe guy” , these look very cool.

Tonight my wife is having a little kwasi-party and then we are going to get together with Gerry and his wife Marie. Even without the gifts…I love my life!!!

No comments: