Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weekend Update!

What a great extra LONG weekend! Very busy, but that's the way I like it baby! Here are the highlights...

  • Jacob's Birthday Party- Nothing like taking care 10 screaming, out of control kids for a couple of hours to make you appreciate how great your own kids are. Jacob enjoyed himself at his 6th birthday party, but at one point asked me "...can we go home...please". He fell asleep on the way home.
  • Gerry and I Grab some Java- After the party, Gerry and I went up to grab a coffee and catch up. We have both been pretty busy lately and it was great to spend a few hours with my buddy. Some BIG news came out of our meeting...more on that in a later post.
  • Hockey, Hockey and more Hockey- I haven't talked about it much this season, but both of my boys are playing hockey this year. Jacob has done very well and is 4th in scoring, despite being the youngest player on the team. He has played in net with some success (even 2 shutouts), but on Saturday he was in net for a 0-9 beating at the hands of the best team in the league. We have enrolled him in summer hockey, lacrosse and soccer, so he will have no problem keeping busy this summer. Ethan on the other hand hated hockey for the first 2 months and I mean HATED it! In fact, I was very close to pulling him out all together when for no particular reason, he started to love it. Now it is all he talks about. Crazy kid!
  • 80's Retro Dance Party - Saturday night Tanyia and I went out with some of the other hockey parents to the 80's Valentines Dance. I don't usually drink, but I think...I repeat, I THINK, I had 8 beer before we even got to the dance. The drinking continued once we arrived, as I got caught-up in the moment. Needless to say the night is a bit of a fog, but it was a great time. We even won the door prize, a really nice BB-Q....so I learned the next day!

No comments: