Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Hey guys!

I know it has again been a long time since my last update, but I haven't left you for good...I promise. It's just been a very busy year is all. Lots of great stuff going has been happening this year, but much of it is very time consuming and that is the reason why my posts have dried up a bit.

Jacob's hockey takes up the bulk of my free time these days. He made the Novice rep team as an underage player back in September and it has been no stop ever since. The team is trains 6 days most weeks, so it doesn't leave much time for other stuff. I am helping out with coaching the team and they are doing really well.

Anyway, I have plans to do as many as 3 trips next summer. Imagine that?? I plan on cracking open Jeff's map book over Christmas and start the planning. It will be the third trip for my oldest daughter Lauren and the first for Jacob 7 and Ethan 6, so I want to make sure they enjoy themselves. I was thinking about taking them up to Cedar Lake and do some light day trips around the area, but that's a long way to go to just stay on "the big lake" IMO. Ether way it will be a fun summer.

Here are some other things that have been going on....

  • Tanyia and I went on Vacation WITHOUT the kids for the first time ever. We went to Cuba for a week with another couple and it was so much fun.
  • While we were away Jacob played in the Silver Stick, which is an international qualification hockey tournament. Well they won it and Jacob scored the overtime winner! Now we are off to represent Ontario in the International Tournament January 20 - 23 in Michigan.
  • Still training hard, but just 4 days a week. It is the off season after all..:)
  • I am considering taking next year off triathlons. I love it so much, but it takes between 20-40 hours a week and I am thinking I need a break....that and we are going to Nova Scotia for 3 weeks next summer, so it will really mess with my training. I may change my mind....but that's where I am at with it now.
  • I am addicted to the TV show Glee. I know it seems like a "chick show" and maybe it is, but it is so damn good. The show is on hiatus until April, so if you plenty of time to get caught up.


That's all for now folks. Wishing each and every one of you a safe and happy holiday!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from ya, Jim. Sounds like you have many great things to look forward to in 2010!

Anonymous said...

Will you ever return to your blog - we miss you.

les lunettes de soleil lady said...

Enjoy the good picture together, thanks. 2012elitenfljerseys.us.