Friday, May 21, 2010

I miss my blog!

Hey everyone!

It's been so long since I last posted I was almost too embarrassed to return. :)

I have been really busy with family commitments and a very significant career change. I have not left for good, but my posts will be hit and miss for at least a few more months. For those that have been reading for a while, you will be well aware how much this blog means to me, so for me to be away for this long shows just how little free time I have at the moment.

Until next time here is a little update on what has been going on...

  • Jacob's hockey teams season was incredible. He played as an under aged player on the Newcastle Novice rep team and they did very well. The team won all six of the tournaments they entered included the local and International Silver Stick. He was in the top 3rd in scoring on a team where he was one of the youngest and as such, had the least ice time.
  • Jacob tried out for and was pretty dominant in the Novice AAA tryouts. He made the team and IMO is one of the top players. I suspect he may even have a chance to get to wear a letter.
  • I have been working on a career change for a while and everything has fallen into place. As of last week I have been hired by Clarington as a Firefighter! I will be part time for now and start my training next week. I'm so excited!!
Thanks again to all of you the still read and comment...it mean the world to me. I will be back soon...:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAHhhhh, you are back. We missed you. A big round of congrats to you and Jacob - awesome news!

Mungo said...

Wahoo! And now when you're in Algonquin, you'll be extra talented at putting out your campfires.
Congratulations and great to hear from you again...
Cheers,
Mungo

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're back (if only for a quick post).

I've heard that firefighting is incredibly difficult to get a job in. Did you have some previous background (education or practical) that helped you out?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good to have you back. Whenever you can post is good. You and The Suki blog are on my homepage. Canoeing, IT and internet stuffs are all right up my alley so I appreciate your points of view.

Sean

Anonymous said...

Great to hear of your recent accomplishments

Anonymous said...

I saw the show on bloging this morning and really didn't know what the hell a blog was so came on put in one of my favorite past times, canoeing and yours came up first. And what a surprise, a new firefighter! I put i 32 years with the Hartford Ct fire department. Small world. Good luck with your new career its one of the best jobs in the world! Oh and you'll have all kinds of time for canoeing now enjoy that too.!
Now I can't get out of this! NEW guy

ancasterguy said...

Hi jim
Really enjoyed your trip reports. I can imagine its time consuming and with a new job and young family time is scarce. Please keep the site going. You provide good info to beginners. I took a lot of your suggestions and it made my trips a lot better because of it. Best of luck.

Unknown said...

we mis your blog as well..