It's been weeks since posted last and for the first time since I stated this thing I have no excuses to explain it. I just didn't want to . It feels odd saying that, like I am being too honest or something, but the truth is right now, I don't care.
That said, my family has been going through some really tough times the past few weeks and if that comes off like I am fishing for sympathy....well, I am really not, but I sure would like to blow off some steam.
Things I've been Missing Lately:
- This Blog: I know I am not the greatest writer or speller or....well, you get the idea, but I love to write here and hate that things I have no control over have changed (even temporarily) my love of this blog. It sucks and I am not happy about it.
- Hockey: I want the season to start NOW. It seems like forever since I've watched the Leafs lose.
- High School/ College: I miss those care free days, when I thought a hard days work was 4 hours of sitting on my ass listening to a prof. Youth really is wasted on the young and I fear I may have wasted some of mine.
- Life Before Blackberry: I miss the way life was before this vile little device forced its way into my life.
- Retro Fast Food: I want to go back to 1986 and have a Big Mac, but in the original Styrofoam container, fuck that cardboard crap. Remember those? I loved the little "squeak" they made when you opened one. I would sit, feathered hair, pinned jeans and all and eat without a single thought about trans fats or cholesterol. Ignorance is bliss.
- My Mom: I miss the relationship I had with her. She was everything to me growing up, but that all changed after I was married. Oddly enough, this is the same time my relationship with my Dad improved. What would Freud say about that?
- Opportunities: So many times I didn't do or try something for fear of looking the fool. Even now I turn down chances to do some very cool things because of this hang up. I don't like feeling this way, but the truth is....I always have.