Friday, January 11, 2008

Quick Update

It seems like an eternity since I last updated the blog and judging by the number of emails I have received about it, I guess I am not the only one. Thanks guys!

Christmas was AWESOME! We all had so much fun and the kids, who are all prime "Santa age", were so excited. Lauren's favorite gift was her pixel chick (...I have no idea what it is, but she is very happy with it), Jacob's main gift was goalie equipment and a net and Ethan loved all the star wars figures I found for him on eBay. It was Jack's first Christmas and even he had a stocking, but I put my foot down when Tanyia wanted to strap foam atlers on him. Tanyia and I agreed not to buy each other anything this year, but Tanyia surprised me by buying " the family" an Xbox 360....maybe I will let the kids use it before next Christmas. We spent the day at home and had dinner with my parents, sister and niece up in Uxbridge. It was the best holiday I have had in years!

I have booked the kid trip, that I affectionately call the Algonquin Brats Tour for July 8 - 10. We will be going to Booth Lake and spending some time doing some day trips and fishing. I have not had the chance to talk to Gerry about the dates, but I hope this works for him as well.

I have been using Craigslist.ca lately and really like it. I sold my old road bike on there recently and some other things that I had planned on putting on eBay, but found Craigslist much easier. No packaging, shipping or Paypal, just post it, answer email and arrange a time for them to come get it. Much easier.

Tanyia and I are going to buy a tent trailer in the spring. It will make going to visit her parent in Nova Scotia so much easier. In the past we have always rented a tent trailer and it is so expensive. In fact, with all the money we have spent renting trailers, we could have bought a decent used one! Having a trailer opens up lots more possibilities for camping in provincial parks and travel vacations. We are all excited at the possibilities.

I don't make resolutions, but I promise to update with more regularity in 2008.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: