Friday, August 31, 2007

Core Training Update:

As I mentioned in my last post, I did my new core training program yesterday morning.

The first thing I had to do was decide how many reps I would do and I decided on the "intermediate level" of 15 reps. I then do 15 reps of each of the 15 exercises for a total of 225 reps. I was tempted to try the Elite level of 25 -30 reps, but decided to take it slow and learn the proper way to do them first... and just in case that wasn't enough, the 225 rep total sure was!

I did my usual routine of weights, running and stretching, then did the core training. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I am pleased to tell you that it was almost enjoyable. They were challenging, but not over the top and it only took about 20 minutes. The only one I found really tough was #3 the hip lifts....wow was that ever difficult...but good difficult. It was cool how you used your own body weight for the resistance and judging by how sore my mid section is today it really worked my abs hard. Thanks god I didn't do the Elite level reps...Phew!

Not sure if it's just coincidental, but my back felt great yesterday too! No pain or anything all day. I am sure it had more to do with the rest day I took the day before, but it already has me thinking that this may work.

If you are even considering doing it....just try it once and see if it works for you.

No comments: