Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Half Marathon Results


Ok...it has again been WAY too long since I last updated, so I will start with an update on my quest to complete the half marathon in under 2 hours.

As most of you already know, I completed my first half marathon on Saturday September the 9th. I trained for 6 months for the event and when the day came I felt ready...albeit a nervous ready.

I finished 84th out of 275 runners in a time of 1 hour, 50 minutes, 21 seconds and my entire family was there at the finish line to cheer me on. This was one of the greatest feelings of my life and although I am very proud of my time,I hope to shave off 10 minutes off my time in my next half marathon on Febuary 25, 2006 in Peterbourough.

Here are the Port Perry race results .

Many of you have supported me in some way over the last 6 months and I wanted to be sure that you know how much I appreciate your help and encouragement.

I would like to say a special word of thanks to the following:

-To my Mom, Dad, Jo-Anne, Hayley, Kate, Jeff, Leah, Emma, my wife Tanyia and our 3 kids Lauren 6, Jacob 4 and Ethan 3 for coming out to cheer for me on race day...it means more then you can know!
-To Brian and Lena Bradley for your advice, encouragement and the stack of running magazines.... that I promise to return!
-To Gerry and Marie for your friendship and constant encouragement
-Again To my Mom and Dad for looking after the kids while I trained on the weekends
-To my sister Kate for suggesting the Port Perry Marathon in the first place
-To Kevin, for encouraging me to start running, answering all my many questions and designing my training program. It is you that started it all buddy....thanks.

Thanks again everyone....I could not have done it without you!

No comments: