Monday, January 05, 2009

That is so true!

"If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on."

While registering for Ironman Muskoka this morning I stumbled upon this quote that I think perfectly describes the moments before a Triathlon starts.
The anxiety is palpable and standing on the beach, as the seconds tick away to start time, no one can hide their fear. In many ways it's one of the most honest moments a person can experience. In life you can hide your fear, but not there and everyone standing there knows it. You compete against each other, yet for that moment you are bound by purpose and fear is the common denominator.

I registered for the Ironman Muskoka, which is a half Iron. (Swim 2km, Bike 90km, Run 21km), but plan to do an Olympic and Sprint as well. The Half Iron wil be my last race of the season and will be the focus of my training this year. If all goes well, I plan to use this race as the launching point for my first Ironman in 2010. Lake Placid!

No comments: